Pavillon Noir # Saison 2019/20
A journey is a journey into space, to a more or less distant place, which changes our point of view. It thus allows us to take a new look at the world, and this is one of its least virtues. It can be done by its own biomechanical means (walking, running, swimming, cycling...) or through an assisted locomotion (donkey, horse, cart, automobile, train, boat, plane, rocket...).
It can also unfold without moving: mentally or spiritually. It can be an astral journey, or an inner journey. It can take place in the spring or summer, it can be enhanced with autumn odors or it can be done in winter. Suffice to say that it can be done in any season.
Winterreise, Schubert's Winter Journey, evokes the journey of a man who is driven away by his beloved, and who, like the young Werther, will never find rest. But as Goethe's character violently commits suicide, our unfortunate hero melancholy drifts towards death.
This Winterreise will be one of the events of the 2019/2020 season that will offer other destinations to Wonderland. A dream Spain. A foray between romanticism and realism. A dance that surfs on social networks. A zebra on the slopes of a safari. Grace after the collapse. A stay in Japan. A dream in the land of childhood. The (third) Life. Magic. An erotic stopover. Hope. Fury. Sensuality, Exoticism, Classicism and Poetry will also be part of the journey.
So let's hoist the great sail, and like Ishmael in search of Moby Dick, let's go aboard the Black Pavilion to unknown lands... For as St Augustine asserts, "the world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
The Black Pavilion:
It is the first venue built for the activity of a National Choreographic Centre equipped with a performance hall, where artists can lead the entire creative process, from studio work to stage performance.
The Black Pavilion is:
- 4 dance studios (255 sqm, 168 sqm, 150 sqm and 98sqm)
- The Theatre, a 378-seat concert hall
- 1 17m x 14.50m tray
- 400 square metres of office space
- 3,000 square metres entirely devoted to dance
Centre for creation and experimentation:
- A permanent workplace for Angelin Preljocaj and his dancers
- A welcoming place for local and international companies promoting the emergence of new talent and access to new aesthetics
- Dance shows to discover all year round
- Angelin Preljocaj's pieces: his latest creation and covers of pieces in the repertoire
- Regional, national and international companies
- Young talents and internationally renowned artists, in a spirit of openness and eclecticism
Space for discoveries and encounters:
- A comprehensive set of activities to better understand the creative process and facilitate access to dance for as many people as possible
- Meetings with artists at work, public rehearsals, open studios
- Video dances, guided tours of the Black Pavilion
- Practical activities (internships, workshops, etc.)
- Projects with schoolchildren, students, associations, ...
- The opportunity for professional dancers to take the daily classes of the dancers of Ballet Preljocaj
- The setting up of internships related to programming
- Depending on availability, the provision of a studio is free for rehearsals of professional dance companies at the opening hours of the Black Pavilion
From $9 to $45
Info and booking:
04 42 93 48 00 / firstname.lastname@example.org